Bain's corporate renewal group provides expertise for boards and equity sponsors of underperforming, capital constrained companies. We focus on turnarounds that preserve shareholder equity. Our experts are uniquely skilled in financial restructuring and strategic, operational and organizational transformations.
What we do
Bain corporate renewal group (CRG) typically serves in an advisory capacity by collaborating closely with management. Where necessary, we also serve as chief restructuring officer or in an interim management capacity. While other restructuring firms focus on short-term implications, cost cutting and capital structure, our group develops a sustainable, winning turnaround plan by aligning all elements of a successful go-forward business model.
Bain CRG quickly assesses a company's financial health through data-driven competitive and market intelligence, identifying both external and internal sources of distress and sustainable value creation. Encompassing all four components of a successful turnaround–financial, operational, strategic and organizational–the group combines the decisive, short-term capabilities of traditional restructuring firms with Bain's proven track record of strategy and operational expertise across multiple industries.
We often partner with Bain’s Private Equity group to evaluate potential deals through due-diligence to create the most value for CRG clients.
Bain is the go-to firm for helping boards and equity sponsors maintain control of underperforming companies. Our experts work alongside organizations to devise and implement turnaround programs that create enduring enterprise and equity value. To every renewal engagement, our clients can expect:
- Bain’s holistic approach, encompassing strategic, operating, organizational and financial issues
- Superior business strategies, which are informed by proprietary analytics and deep industry knowledge, that result in revenue growth and structural cost leadership
- Quick implementation and lasting results resulting from structured programs and organizational change and from instilling capabilities to continuously build performance improvement
- Expertise in cash and liquidity management, including modeling, tracking, cash generation and managing the company agenda
- Effectiveness in working with incumbent management teams based on collaborative approach
- Experienced personnel that, where necessary, can augment the client leadership team with interim management
- Success-based pricing structure that preserves cash during the liquidity crunch and aligns our objectives with those of the equity and management team